We encourage and mobilize young people to make a positive impact in their communities.
ICCS Jr. works in Illinois communities to bring youth together in positive ways. We show children at an early age that they have the power to become lifelong contributors to their local community. Participants of the program range in age from 6 to 11 years old. Some of their accomplishments include:
- Children spend time with veterans participating in different activities ranging from reading, games, and crafts
- ICCS Jr. participated in community-wide clean up efforts
- Youth participated in food drives to help their peers
- ICCS Jr. groups organized school supply drives
- Children took part in health awareness activities
These activities show children that helping feels good! They also give our youth a sense of accomplishment while developing teamwork and problem-solving skills. It sets the stage for future involvement and leadership within every community, no matter how large or how small. At ICCS Jr. each child wants to do his or her part to make the community a better place to live.